Monday, June 14, 2010

Potato pizza with bacon and spinach

Monday and yet another week of the food experiment has begun... Time flies by when you're enjoying yourself and I really am. I love cooking more than ever, even though it is hard to set your mind to it after a long day at work. I love that we get to try so many different recipes - there are still loads to choose from and it just keeps getting better. 

Today the menu consisted of Potato Pizza with bacon and spinach (originally it was fresh herbs but I forgot to chop some and left them out) with a side of Tomato Salad... YUM-O! what a way to start a new week - and there was enough to feed a small army, but then again I'm famous for making large amounts of food (I get that from my mother) so that's not a new thing. We were stuffed and we have enough for lunch tomorrow... I hope it tastes as good cold as it does when it's hot...
Now this time Carina has been so kind as to translate the recipe and thanks Carina! I'm just reposting what she wrote:

For four people you'll need:
Dough:
10 grams of yeast
4 dl lukewarm water
2 teaspoons of salt
2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
approx. 600 grams of all-purpose flour, pizza flour or durum flour (I used half all purpose flour and half durum)
1 ¼ or 1½ dl mayonnaise
2-3 cloves of garlic

Topping:
6-8 big potatoes (I just used 300 grams of new danish potatoes)
2 apples
50 grams of spinach (I added spinach on half of my pizzas)
150 grams of grated cheese
200 grams of sliced bacon
salt and pepper
Mixed fresh herbs like oregano, basil, thyme, chives or chervil

Accompaniment:
1 big bowl of mixed salad or traditional tomato salad.

Dissolve yeast into water and add salt and oil. Put flour in gradually until you have a smooth dough. Set the dough to risefor 1½ hour in a warm place. Take the dough out of the bowl and split it into 4 portions. Roll each dough portion into four thin pizzas.
Mix mayonnaise together with the pressed or grated garlic and spread it on the pizza crusts. 

Slice the potatoes and apples into as thin pieces (use a mandolin iron, if you have one) as you can and spread the slices over the 4 pizza crusts. Sprinkle the spinach and cheese on. Finally add the bacon slices on top and season it with salt and pepper. Bake the pizzas at 250C for approx. 15 minutes (remember to check them, so they don’t turn black)
Sprinkle with fresh herbs just before serving and serve a big bowl of salad.

Bon appetit...


Read about Carina's experience with this recipe - HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts

You might also like: