Saturday, November 20, 2010

Apple rolls

Originally the idea was to use the leftover apples I had to make apple jam or something like that but I didn't really have the time to spend making that. Then I stumbled upon a Danish recipe for Apple rolls and I had planned to make rolls anyway, so there was an easy solution! Apple rolls it was...

A really simple recipe and it didn't take up much of my time and if I wasn't in a Christmas mood before, I sure was as I started to make the rolls. Their delicious smell of cinnamon spread out through the entire apartment and made me want to start my Christmas decorating really early this year, so it was definitely the right time to try them out and they taste absolutely wonderful! I think it will become a part of my Christmas traditions to make them every year.


Danish apple rolls (25-30 rolls)
50 grams yeast (fresh)
300 ml lukewarm water
300 ml lukewarm milk
1 egg
4 pealed and coarsely grated apples (your favourite kind)
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons cane sugar (you can also use the regular kind)
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 kilo all purpose flour (approximately)

Preheat the oven to 200C (400F) 
Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and milk. Add the rest of the ingredients - leaving the flour for last to be added little by little.

Knead the dough for about 10 minutes and let it rise in a covered bowl for about 30 minutes. Knead the dough once more and make the rolls. Put them onto a baking sheet and let them rise for another 30 minutes.

Glaze the rolls with a beaten egg and sprinkle them with a bit of cinnamon sugar mix. Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes.

Bon appetit...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts

You might also like: